Saturday, 20 September 2014

A walk in the Woods..

Hello Crafters,
A warm welcome to all of you. Seasonal changes happening in all parts of the globe and so comes the seasonal challenges too..how many times do I tell you that I love nature inspired challenges. My hands itch to work on these…
Textures and techniques seem to be the current rage in Blog land and its difficult not to get inspired by many of my bloggy pals who are maestros in this…my list is long, as is my post, LOL!
Here’s one more box which got a lease of life…a second beginning! 
I am not getting into the details of the making, let’s just jump start… READY TO WALK THE WOODS with me??
Here we go…

Am in love with textures, woods, logs, browns and VINTAGE! My hands automatically reach for walnut stain and vintage photo…I just love them! I enjoyed every piece of this project. Couldn't stop myself, as if otherwise I would!
Firstly, created the bark texture on the wood with masking tape and homemade texture paste. The impatient wait over night was fruitful




 …lots of texture, cracks, grooves appeared! I gave it the wood color with acrylics.
Once happy, went hunting for the pic. It was quite easy, We Love Vintage has a ready set of vintage pics which you can download and use! Such cute images, this one was screaming to come along the “woods” with me! So I took this 2 little girls with me..

I used matt gel to embed the pic into the wood bark and started to work on the embellishment.
The lovely vintage butterfly is from the mariposa paper pack, I fuzzy cut it and applied Rock candy, Distress crackle paint and waiting for the magic cracks to appear!


 It did…and I rubbed vintage photo into the cracks and it just aged beautifully…love it!
Do you see the little owl there? A mode melt using resin, colored with acrylics…happily sitting on the bark watching over the girls!

The leaves are all using CLD ( tropical leaves B119) inked with peeled paint, mustard seed, wild honey and walnut stain. 

The flowers are using TH and Joy crafts inked in pretty much the same colors..kept them muted and vintage!
The opening panel on the box flaunts some amazing texture, the antique distressed and crackled key hole from TH hardware findings secured with brads!
I also used ornate book corners inked with gold alcohol inks for the r corners of the opening.

Do you want to open and see?? Yes, of course…this is it..

I have treated PP from Recollections pack to give an aged look using TH technique. I applied D inks, misted water, scrunched it up, dried it and applied walnut stain on the raised areas…such a fabric feel to the paper. It goes all around the box and so not to get dirty, the box has wooden feet too!

Inside the box, I have adhered some vintage lace with TH tarred florals again handmade the vintage style with script stamping, distressing, jute and twine! 
This pocket holds a number of tags again using TH technique of swooshing colors on the matt, sprinkling a bit of water and some secondary stamping. It is difficult not to get influenced by the “master” !

As of now, my box is empty. Still not thought of its use, will I even use it. It probably will sit on my coffee table as a deco piece! Will surely be a conversation piece, what say???

So how did you like the stroll in the woods??? Eagerly waiting to know your experience…

I would like to enter this creation in the following challenges.
A Vintage Journey- Colors of Autumn
Crafting For All Seasons- Colors of Autumn
Simply Create too-fall/autumn
Creative moments-Anything Goes, Fall colors
Crafts4Eternity-My Style ( is Vintage, undoubtedly!)
Cheery Lynn-things with wings
Crafty Creations Challenge- Vintage
Until then,
Happy Crafting and Re cycling.
Hugs.




46 comments:

  1. Stunning, what a wonderful creation! Love what you did with the textures and other elements, wow, that butterfly for instance, it looks amazing! This is just gorgeous inside and out! Thanks so much for joining us at A Vintage Journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Astrid..I am greatlyninfluenced by your crackle techniques and gladvyou liked the butterfly! I enjoyed making this for your challenge.

      Delete
  2. O my.....this is amazing. I love this!!!! Great what you did with the lovely girls-picture and keep looking at our blog because every challenge we chance the vintage pictures. Thanx for joining our challenge at WLVC and we love to see you back.
    Have a nice weekend, Plony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Plony. I dint know that, I shall start my collection of pictures! Love the challenges in your blog.

      Delete
  3. Wow..the bark texture is just amazing Rupa..you create awesome and real looking textures..I loved it !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pooja, have a great weekend.

      Delete
  4. Wow, an amazing project!
    What a lovely technics did you used!
    This a absolutly original!
    How nice how you combine a dutch picture @ our butterfly challenge!
    Thank you for joining us @ WLVC!
    Kind regards,
    Jacomijn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Jacomijn. It was a pleasure to take part in your challenge and I love all of those images.

      Delete
  5. Rupa! Your creation is the most wonderful! I love the texture you crated and the added elements are stunning! Gorgeous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So happy you liked the walk in the woods, Ingrid!

      Delete
  6. This might be one of the most amazing things I've ever seen! Your texture is superb and all your details are just stunning! Your flowers are gorgeous and I love your butterfly! I want to tough it!!!! This is truly a work of art Rupa!! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Pamellia. Big crafty hugs and have a great weekend.

      Delete
  7. My God Rupa-- another stunner... you are showing how your artistic background is shining through and making you a force to be reckoned with...My !!Awesome is too mild a word for this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonia, you always make me blush with your comments. THANK YOU, as you said,I had almost neglected the artist in me! I am re discovering my love for textures and especially acrylics...very versatile.

      Delete
  8. Wow Rupa your log is absolutely amazing, your crackled butterfly is fab. Totally stunning project. Thanks for joining in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge and good luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness, Rupa, this is so cool. You did a fabulous job making the wood texture. This is truly a keepsake. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy, I know it was a last minute entry, but I had to join along!

      Delete
  10. Wow, it´ s great Rupa, love your autumn colors, and this beautiful butterfly, thanks for sharing on WLVC, Hugs Liesbeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very Liesbeth. I can never get enough of Vintage and the images you have are all awesome. Glad you liked it.

      Delete
  11. Amazing ..Love the texture created with Texture paste..love the total look Rupa..:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Radhika. Happy you enjoyed you stroll in the woods!

      Delete
  12. Hi Rupa. Thanks for visiting my blog today! This is absolutely fantastic, what a treasure you have made, LOVE it! Have a lovely day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie..hope you enjoyed it. You too, have a great week ahead.

      Delete
  13. WOW!!! so much work!!! Love the whole idea!!! The project looks absolutely fantastic)))
    Thank you for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Rupa ... It was quite enriching to walk on the woods .. The woods have come out really well..
    Hugs
    Remya

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sweet of you, Remya. Happy to hear your experience. Have an amazing week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Rupa this is stunning work. I love it so much that I have joined as a follower of your blog. I have a bit of box addiction that I make and sell for charity. Thanks for joining us at Crafting For All Seasons. Hugs, Carol S. DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carol for yourcsweet comments and joining me! There are a lot of altered boxes you will see in my blog, hope you enjoy browsing thru. Have a great week. Hugs.

      Delete
  17. Your friends have nothing you do not have Rupa. This is an amazing creation with a huge amount of creativity. You are a true artist in your own right. Excellent craftsmanship and vision. Bravo. - Jim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for those encouraging words, Jim. So happy you liked this. Have a great week.

      Delete
  18. Hi Rupa,
    what a beautyful project! I love the color's and the picture!
    Thank you for joining us at WLVC.
    Hugs Pouwla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pouwla. Crafty hugs.

      Delete
  19. What an amazing piece of artwork all that texture those wonderful elements and gorgeous colour - wow!!!

    x Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for your visits and for liking my work, Hilda. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow...this is amazing. Your hard work sure paid off! Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challeges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much,Dorothy. It was a very satisfying project.

      Delete
  22. Fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for liking this Michele.

      Delete
  23. This is beautiful! I thought you used actual tree bark until I read what you did-this is great and if you made it for someone, they would love it-how wonderful and detailed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Birgit. Glad you liked it...have a great, crafty weekend!

      Delete
  24. What an amazing transformation! Love the wooded tree bark you created and all the lovely Autumn details. Thank you for sharing with us at A Vintage Journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terry...glad you enjoyed the stroll! Happy to share this in your challenge.

      Delete