Tuesday, 4 November 2014

Grandma's Wicker Basket

Hello crafters..
I am taking a break from Vintage…can you believe it? Yes, I wanted to do something clean and “non distressed”, I managed to do it 90% though couldn’t refrain from it fully. You will see why…

I was remembering good old days as I was making this! All this because I happened to catch up with my high school mate after 24 years! Oh! Thanks to the social media could get back to friends with whom I had just lost contact.
Next month we have our  school re union on completing 25 years of high school! Now, don’t start calculating my age…
I want to give this gift to my friend “Priya” who is reason for all this…she got my number from a distant source and it was so much fun catching up on good old days.
So, I made her a “Thank you” grandma’s wicker basket full of memories! I made this box from packaging and altered it into a wicker basket using paper rope.
The paper line that I have used for this is from DCWV Nana’s Kitchen Mat stack. Some of them even have glitter! I wove an oval pattern with the paper rope on the lid and then plaited it up on the flap to make it a stand out! For the closure I used a lovely floral bauble and some jute rope to form the loop. The box closes really snug!

For the embellishments on the lid, I have stuck some hand made gardenias using joy crafts die and leaves are using CLD Tropical leaves(B119).

A little note from grandma here…
I had this vintage stamp from Itsy Bitsy and made a mini post card which co incidentally has a thank you note on it and I have clipped it using small wooden peg which I colored and have hand written the words too.

On the front panel of the basket, I have flowers using CLD Shasta Daisy (B310))and for the center have used  small heart cutie fringe(B391) and  feather is CLD(B369). Another note here thanking her!
On the sides I have 2 little handles and have used white flat back pebbles as feet too!

And when the box opens…
An ornate oval inked with DI and some floral stamps and a thank you note again! I just can’t thank her enough you see!

So, is that it???  Take a peak into the box and here comes….
A TISSUE ROLL MINI…I told you, I can’t thank her enough and I can never stop at making things “simple” !!

Actually I haven’t complicated the mini…it has  4 main pages with lots of interactive elements! Lots of pockets and pull outs for photos and journaling. The paper line is the same as the box and I have only used flat back pearls as embellishments here. I dint want the mini to fan up!

For the closure I used bakers twine and this clasp used in jewelery  making( sorry don’t know what it is called) ! I kept the binding simple too with seam binding and scraps of colorful ribbons.

So that’s the end, no more surprises. I hope you like this Priya.
And yes, you lovely people who have visited me, do let me know how you liked this. I always love to read what you have to say and it is a good reason for me to visit you!
 With that said, I would like to enter my Grandma’s basket in the following challenges..
Glitter n Sparkle Challenge – Anything but a Square
613 Avenue Create _ Anything goes with the option of Thank you.
Decorate To Celebrate _ Anything Goes
Imaginations _ Out of the box
Polkadoodles Challenge _ Recycle it ( have used a packaging box and empty tissue rolls)
Until my next creative journey…
Happy Crafting and Re cycling.
Hugs.



53 comments:

  1. Nice to see a non distressed project :) ,something different and Its Beautiful Rupa ! I loved the weaved n plaited paper rope and the mini is fabulous !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pooja...was very difficult to keep away from the distressed look,,,but managed!

      Delete
  2. RUPPPPAAAAA!!!!!! It's absolutely gorgeous! Thank you sooooo much. I love it and I will treasure it always. There's so many elements on this beautiful basket that I just adore........the rope on the lid, the distressed post card, the oh-so-cute mini (I'm a sucker for minis)........THANK YOU!!! Looking forward to December......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Priya...so so happy, you liked it.You deserve it!

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful thank you gift.
    The details are so pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous gift box and album I'm sure your school friend will love it and I hope you enjoy your reunion. Thanks for joining us at 613 Avenue Create, good luck!
    Lorraine DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lorraine...she loves it here and am waiting to see her in person to give it!

      Delete
  5. there is always something different in your post everytime i visit. lovely details and nicely done. lucky of her to get such a crafty friend with lovely gift :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kavitha, that's so sweet of you! I am glad my crafting is coming of use! I had an opportunity to make something for her.

      Delete
  6. Oooo Rupa...this is again a wonderf product. I like your box, because it reminds me of childhood ;)))
    Grandma had in such a little box needles, scissors and other little things.
    The details are so lovely. And mini album...ooohhh...is fabulous ;)))
    Hugs, Jana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jana, you just brought a smile to my face. So happy I brought back old memories for you! Have a great day, my friend. Hugs.

      Delete
  7. Love this Rupa. Wish I could see your friends face when you give her this. Your flowers are also beautifully made. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. I am waiting for that moment too but she she has already seen the pics here! Hugs.

      Delete
  8. Rupa, I am certain Priya will love this gift, it is obviously made with love. Wonderful flower embellishments and an adorable mini album. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sandy, Yes, she LOOOVES it and am glad I could share this moment with you all.

      Delete
  9. fabulous project, Rupa! Yes, it is quite a departure from your usual vintage, but as with all your work it is beautifully crafted. We have chosen you as our FB 3D Designer of The Day for Wednesday, November 5, 2014. Your project will be featured on our FB page: www.facebook.com/avenue613! Please stop by to say hello and to grab your Designer of The Day Badge.
    Hugz,
    Chana, Owner
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh My! Chana...you made my day....thank you, thank you! It,s been a while since I played along your blog and this is such an honor. Thank you so much, will definitely flaunt the badge. Big hugs.

      Delete
  10. Very nice thank you gift. Thanks for playing along with Craft Hoarders Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just no words for your creativity and innovative ideas. Love them . Best way to say thank you. My wait to see your projects is so worth it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mridula. That's so sweet of you...hoping to see you soon. Big hugs.

      Delete
  12. Super cute super cute super cute! I am going to come and hide your distress inks....just to make you explore your creativity further!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said Sonia but difficult to work without them! Cant imagine...

      Delete
  13. Just fantastic Rupa! It's hard not to put at least one little vintage shabby piece on, isn't it! I hear you! Well this basket and mini are just to die! What a fabulous flowers you made, your friend is going to cherish this gift forever! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pamellia, glad to know it is not just me! What would it would it be to craft without DI! Big hugs on that thought.

      Delete
  14. so creative love how pretty this is. thank you for joining us at anything goes challenges at dtc. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing gift box and album! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Rupa,
    I have always been a fan of your creations.I wonder how perfectly you load your creations with embellishments and details.Hats off to your patience and creativity.
    Thank you for joining us at the Imaginations Online Challenge with this gorgeous creation.

    Hugs
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Catherine. That's such a sweet thing to say. Hugs.

      Delete
  17. Such lovely details on your box! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful thank you gift, done with such love. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful project and wonderful gift! There is so much gorgeous detail on this and it's an absolute delight! Thank you so much for sharing your project and for joining us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much Emma. .glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a wonderful project and gift! Love the colours, embellishments and of course what's inside the basket. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely project!! Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  23. what a beautiful creation so much detail. Thank you for taking the time to join in our 'Recycle' challenge over at Polkadoodles http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/search?updated-max=2014-11-04T08:00:00Z&max-results=10

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous creation, I love to see people recycling everyday things like toilet paper rolls! Thanks for joining in with our 'Recycle' challenge this week over at Polkadoodles http://polkadoodle.blogspot.ca/2014/10/week-44-recycle-it-polkadoodles.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. love your cute gift box!!!!Thanks for playing along with Craft Hoarders Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh this is so cute and so very special. And the mini inside! Wow! I love the nod to vintage with the grandma's note! So sweet! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  27. My goodness! I thought I had left you a message...now it is CONGRATULATIONS! Well done, Rupa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sara, always appreciate your taking the time to be here.

      Delete
  28. Beautiful!!!! Thanks so much for participating in our DECORATE TO CELEBRATE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete