Thursday 9 January 2014

Baggit...bag full of wishes!












Hello Crafters,
This time I made a paper handbag, a coordinating tag with a little surprise inside for my friend's daughter's birthday which is round the corner.



Keeping her age in mind,(12yrs) I thought it should be bright and cheerful and so I chose green and orange as the color for this bag.
This bag is made from a single sheet of 12X12 Cardstock.Later, I stuck PP's from the Recollections paper pack. Inside the bag, I have embossed the middle panel with cupcakes and candles from Itsy Bitsy and have stamped birthday quotes. There are provisions to stick photos and slots for journaling too!

This bag is unbelievably sturdy...and can hold a cute little basket with some goodies too!

The handle is made with co ordinated beads and I made a small label for the front panel with a flower as embellishment.

On the handle there are some lovely charms dangling...a key, hugs and kisses tag, the alphabet "D" (the girls name starts with that) and a heart shaped resin pendant!

Some pastel green pearls add to girlie charm. Like I have said before, I cannot ignore the back of the bag! So a Tim Holtz flower with a sentiment adorns the back.

A closer look at the tag! I have used damask PP from the recollections stack and then added a layer of orange handmade paper with damask dry embossing. On that is the lovely sunflower from Cheery Lynn with a label sentiment which says it all!

This bag has surprised me in many ways and I am quite eager to give it to the young lady and can't wait to see her response to this!
How do you like it.... please let me know.
Am linking this to....
http://colorconceptionschallenges.blogspot.in/2014/01/new-year-new-challenge.html
http://lessology.blogspot.in/2014/01/lessology-challenge-32-you-hold-key-to.html
http://www.blogquickquotes.com/2014/01/friday-challenge-35.html
http://blog.kraftzone.in/2014/01/challenge-1-bag-with-tag-hello-friends.html
The resin pendant has colored shimmer inside and the silver key is using mirror paper, pearls and colored jingles on the heart pendant too!


Thanks for stopping by.
Until then,
Happy Crafting and Recycling,
Hugs.





19 comments:

  1. Lovely bag Rupa with cute embellishments.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOw ! I loved how the bag opens like an explosion box ! The clear baskets are wonderful and you have decorated it so beautifully ,I am sure the girl is going to love :) !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Especially love te beaded handle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee whizz...this is lovely, too...what a clever, clever idea:) I really like how the bag can be used for a whole pile of memories as well...& the colour combo is great....thanks again for joining us at LESSology:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty project! I'm sure the 12 year old will be thrilled to receive this! Thanks for joining us at LESSology!

    P/s: Just wondering what your upcycled item is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of those rare projects of mine where I have not upcycled anything of substance except those small jingles from the resin heart! Those are from my daughter's broken anklet. Thanks for asking Yyam.

      Delete
  6. pretty one... rupa... thanks for playing along http://blog.kraftzone.in/2014/01/challenge-1-bag-with-tag-hello-friends.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow cute purse bag...loved that beaded handle. ...thanks for playing Kraftzone s January challenge...bag n tag....all the very best.

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute bag :) love it... as well as all your other creations :)
    thanks for stopping by my blog....

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is awesome, thanks for playing along with us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  10. elegant bag!! Love the decor and little pearls, Thanks for playing along with us as quick quote! ~Thandar

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun and bright little bag! I'm sure she will love this!!! Thank you for joining us in our challenge this month at Quick Quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice gift bag.. Thanks for playing along with us at Color Conceptions Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent project! SO MUCH FUN! I think it's cool that you said it surprised you! I have projects like that before!

    Thanks for playing with us at LESSology! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so clever! I always love green and orange together! Love the handle on the bag too! Thanks for playing along with the Quick Quotes challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so awesome, really love it! Thanks for stopping by Quick Quotes and doing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this especially the handle............the blooms as usual are awesome. Thanks for sharing at Color Conceptions Challenge Blog. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete