Tuesday 18 February 2014

Life is Beautiful...card!






Hello Crafters,
It's a hatrick for me this month, yes it's my 3rd card in a row! The challenges this month and the encouragement from my blogger friends has pushed me out of my comfort zone and I am glad so bcos now I don't hesitate to "show off" my cards!


It is a lovely Tuesday morning in Bangalore today. The slight cool breeze, the birds chirping outside..and as I stand outside my balcony enjoying my view, I decided to capture this moment in a card!
 

It's a circular card with lots of layers...the outer most brown circle is distressed using the edge of the scissors.
 Tim Holtz bird cage is adhered with foam dots to give dimension. The banner stamp and the sentiment is from Micia(a gift from a friend) and the focal point is the modge podge mold frame! I have always wanted to use resin embellishments, and this was just perfect. I sprayed the molded frame in silver and had the word  "Love" stuck from behind .
 

The birds are IO dies and they fit so snugly in this picture along with some creepers, flowers made from cheery Lynn shasta die (B310), feathers(B369) and olive branches.


The entire card has a lively feel to it and I would like to Thank all my blogger friends who have encouraged me to do more cards, This is for you all!
Thanks for stopping by and as always, do take time to leave your comments.
Until then,
Happy crafting and Re cycling,
Hugs.
Am linking this to...
http://cheerylynndesigns.blogspot.in/2014/02/cheery-lynn-designs-challenge-120.html
http://lulupu.blogspot.in/2014/02/lulupu-challenge-26-something-new.html
(Micia banner stamp and Modge podge mold ,new from my stash)

9 comments:

  1. Rupa I am happy that I am one of your friends who pushed you into cardmaking...it gives us such a wonderful creative outlet doesnt it!! I love how you silver painted the frame..it looks so glamorous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Rupa! I like the sentiment love peeking from beneath the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the whole cheerful scene you have created on card.Colorful and lovely !

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful tropical paradise you have created, Rupa. So warm and inviting. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very pretty love your tropical design , just lovely

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rupa, you embellish all your projects beautifully, just like an Indian bride gets ready on her wedding day :) so detailed, yet nothing seems out of place. You are really good at cardmaking too and hoping to see more of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cheerful and full of color, it just makes me smile Rupa! I love the circle shape and your flowers are just gorgeous!!!

    Thank you for joining us in our challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that modge podge frame !!! you really do a good job with all the dies and flowers !
    Thank you so much for playing along Lulupu # 26 and Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, Rupa! Love how you have combined distress and vibrant colors together!
    Thanks for joining us at Lulupu Challenge # 26

    ReplyDelete