Sunday 23 March 2014

Frock on the wall...



 Hello Crafters...


Just last week, I happened to be cleaning my daughter's cupboard and I hit upon her baby frocks which she had outgrown and along with it, the little clothes hangers! OMG, so many of them, tucked inside and I was just wondering what to do with them....


How can this be re used...and I came up with this. Due credit to the l'le frocks too for being the partner in crime and inspiring me to do this....



I gave the hanger a makeover and decided to make it a display holder for a frock shaped photo card! And yes, the frock is cut out of an empty cereal carton!


Little baby frocks are soooo cute and I had the thrill and pleasure of sewing this one up ! I chose a lovely shade of lavender and blue for this frock and kept the embellishing minimum so the colors show.


The cute yoke is a CL doily die cut, (DL101)which has been inked with milled lavender and seedless preserves and I have used a CL daisy(B310) to make this cute little flower as the button, again inked with broken china. Looks like a lovely lace cut...




A lovely blue printed Washi tape highlights the middle and the base of the frock with some lavender pearls that adds to the delicate beauty! A cute blue bow highlights the front.


The image is a photocopy from my daughter's baby book! Isn't that cute? I just adhered it to an ornate oval die cut and made it the focal point in the frock. This also acts a photo mat and have embellished it with CL sunflower(DL121) and daisy die, all inked again in broken china and seedless preserves.The sentiment is from the net and just says it all!


The hem line is the MS lace punch and have inked it too. The stitch lines give the frock a lovely feel and I actually got the experience of sewing a frock!


The frock is attached only at the shoulders and so easily slips into the hanger. The inside flap is simple with some stamping all around, a photo mat open on one side with some journaling tags peeping out! The embellies on this page is only buttons.


The hanger has been spray painted in lavender and have tied a simple bow with pink net cloth and a lovely CL flower adds to the beauty.


I know a frock card is not new, but I have tried to alter this as a photo display and along with the hanger, this actually makes a lovely decor item for the kids room. I am planning to gift this to a friend who had a baby girl and shall await her feedback! My little one actually thought it was a new frock for her!


Do let me know your feedback on this altered frock and hanger as a deco piece...am sure you can make one too! This is a lovely way to display your children's early childhood memories...planning to make a boy version of this for my son too!


Now I am glad, I cleaned up my daughter’s room and am NOT throwing those hangers! How about you????


Thanks so much for stopping by and putting up with my detailed post!!!




Until then,


Happy Crafting and Re cycling...

17 comments:

  1. Rupa, I always come to your blog expecting to see a gorgeous creation and every time I return completely inspired and awestruck. That's the effect your creativity has on me. Really a fabulous idea. I think I should also go clean my daughter's cupboard, maybe I find something interesting too ;)..haha. Thanks so much for your encouraging words on my altered box :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. waoh! Rupa its an awesome creation n what a lovely idea of putting the carton in best use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent stuff Rupa. Spare your thinking hat for a day, would love to wear it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such innovative altering ideas always Rupa..!! I loved the pretty frock..I would have never guessed you have used boxes for creating it...:D !

    ReplyDelete
  5. So innovative Rupa love it..

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is pure creativity Rupa.... love all the details u hav added especially those journal tags n doily adorned neck. And i agree the recycled hanger is the highlight here

    ReplyDelete
  7. How ADORABLE!!!! You arer the recycle queen!!! Amazing!!! I know where to come when I need some help!! This is fantastic!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love recycling!!! This is a fabulous creation and so creative! Cute way to remember the little ones as they get bigger. Too Cute!! Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. What a pretty card! Perfect for our button challenge at Open Minded Crafting Challenge. Hope to see you next challenge. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my my..... this is sooo cuuuteee :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! Rupa! Youur altered projects never cease to amaze me!! This is not an exception!! Totally creative and has come out so beautifully!! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rupa, your dresses are just adorable. What a very clever idea and so beautifully embellished. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! The idea is absolutely amazing!!! Love the sweet colors; and the combination of dies is absolutely fabulous!
    Thank you for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow that's such a fabulous recycling idea!!! I really love all the great details that went on to make this!!!

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is very sweet! I love that you upcycled items to make this display. Great use of cherry Lynn dies! Thank you for joining our challenge this week! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Rupa, this is gorgeous, a card, a pic display and decor item rolled in one and fab upcycling as usual....congrats on your win too !!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just fab - Thank you for joining in last month at Altered Eclectics
    Elaine aka Ellapu
    Owner
    Altered Eclectics
    &
    Eclectic Ellapu

    ReplyDelete