Thursday 1 January 2015

Happy New Year with Ivy and Coffee !

Hello crafters..
Wishing all of you a very Happy New Year..a year filled with lots of color, creativity, good health and happiness.
With that said, I have a good news to share with you. I am joining the creative team of Rhedd’s Creative Spirit! It was a pleasant surprise when Sandie asked me to join and of course I gave in…I love altered art and what a way to start the new year.
So people, it’s anything goes here and ALTERED art only! Thank god for that…so play along and let’s see what you have to share with us. Do hop over to see what the rest of the team have in store for you.
Do  you want to see my first creation for the year???? Here it is….

An altered biscuit tin…I told you that my Bro got me lots of stuff…this is also from that, Lol! I couldn’t wait to finish the biscuits and was in a hurry to give the tin  a makeover!
Got lots of supplies from Paper Artsy this time…I heave used their Limited Edition Fresco paints in 2 colors to layer up the tin. I gave time between coats and shaded with the colors and once dry, used Elizebeth Borer stamps to dress it up! The colors used are Chartreuse and Seaweed…loved the end result!
Some amazing stamps I must say…just look at this Ivy Queen! MY god, I just loved coloring her with DI and then took the negative of this ornate oval die cut and gave it the faux wood treatment. Colored it with acrylic colors and framed the lady in there! She looked amazingly beautiful and comfortable in that wood frame..what say???

On the sides I used the PA Jofy stencil and crackle embossing paste . I left it to dry naturally and dint want to color up the cracks at all..I think it looks plain and nice against the brown- green.
I stamped some  ivy creepers and the sentiment on tissue paper and used gel medium to stick it on the tin.
On the back side, I stuck a yearly calendar just so that this can be used as a pen stand on the table! Pretty functional eh???
Now comes the embellishments…The lid of the tin has a lovely vintage rose using TH tattered florals die, seated on a bed of coconut coir for dimension! The leaves are all from CLD tropical leaves, though I would have loved to have some ivy hanging there!
I have fixed a metal handle on the lid and colored the butterfly with alcohol inks too. Two winged beauties on the front panel…what can I ask for???
Well is that it…what do you think happens when the lid is opened????

Out comes…this!
An album…NO…a junk journal made from paper scraps, PP all dyed with coffee! 
Yes COFFEE stained papers,  folded with some pockets, doilies, interesting knick knacks here and there…all hand sewn together with lots of LOVE. Am not getting into the details of the making here…maybe a dedicated post later on this.

Just stopping by a few favorite spots in my journal….
It is held together with Ideology clasps and some metal charms.
It’s unbelievably addictive to hold this journal to your nose and keep smelling…I HATE to drink coffee but I LOVE to smell this…very very relaxing! 
I wonder if I will ever have the heart to write here.
Well that’s it crafty peeps…my tryst with a tin and coffee stained papers!
Do let me know your views on this and will be back soon with a dedicated post on the making of the coffee journal. I owe it to the Cuppa!
Hope this inspires you play along!
Until my next creative journey…
Happy Crafting and Recycling.
Cheers.

For all you lovely people residing in the UK, I have something interesting for you this start of the new year...
On a different note - I would like to mention here that my brother who is based in London has launched a new mobile application called Playfolly. It has been designed and conceptualised by creative artists in the UK. Please have a look at the promo video here www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuPT3PVwy4I
If you like it, please download it for free on iOS and Android.
So, go ahead and spread the word, a small favor for me.
Thank you all.
Warm Regards,
Rupa

I am would like to enter my altered tin in the following challenges....
The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge - Something new ( have used new supplies and tried the new coffee dyed papers technique)
Our Creative Corner - Christmas leftovers( the tin has xmas cookies that my bro got from London...emptied the tin before finishing the cookies, Lol!)
Loves Rubber Stamps -Something old and something New -( new supplies, new technique, papers from my stash)
A Vintage Journey - Ring out the old, Ring in the new -(old tin, old papers from the stash, new supplies and new technique...coffee stained papers for the junk journal)
The Artistic Stamper Creative Blog - New Beginnings
Country View Challenges- Use something New To you ( have used new craft supplies and a coffee dyed papers,new technique)
Imagination Crafts Challenge- Anything Goes


















59 comments:

  1. Congratulations Rupa........so many details to note in the altered biscuit tin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous project Rupa. Love the colours and the texture, just brilliant. I recently coffee dyed a load of paper too, it's just waiting to be used now!
    So fab to have you on the team, and a very happy new year to you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sammy...isn't it addictive! I just loved the aroma of coffee in the whole process..messy but LOVED it. So happy to on board with you. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Wow Rupa !! what a start to 2015....coffee journal and the biscuit jar !! awesome as usual !! have a great 2015 !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Suman, New year wishes to you too.

      Delete
  4. I was totally blown away when I saw this as your design team project...it is absolutely fabulous and I just adore it all...
    Wonderful to have you on my team...
    Hugs
    Sandie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this opportunity Sandie. Happy to be a part of your creative talented team. Great beginning to the new year.Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on being a part of the New design team Rupa ..WTG :) ..Your altered biscuit tin is chock full of wonderful details and i absolutely love the layers and the way you have embellished it ..Superb work !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to have you back Rupa...was missing my dose of altered and recycled inspiration!!!
    Wish you and family a Happy and Fantastic New Year 2015
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sonia...glad to know someone missed me! No one can be as crazy as us on re cycling!

      Delete
  7. Congrats for joining new Team Rupa ! I loved the wooden look you have given to the tin and the Junk journal is superb ,loved the coffee stained papers :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Rupa!! They are so lucky to have you and this is such a perfect fit for your style! What a great year this is going to be for you! Your début project is spectacular! What a gorgeous tin makeover! I love your big flower and foliage on the top and your coffee stained papers inside are just brilliant! What a crafty, clever project! big hugs until next time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sooo much for making my day, Pamellia. Loved what you had to say. Big, big hugs from me and new year wishes too.

      Delete
    2. Hi sweetie, I was so excited about your amazing tin that I forgot to say thank you so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner for our 'Christmas Leftovers' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

      Delete
    3. That's so sweet of you to get back dear. Thanks a bunch!

      Delete
  9. Congratulations rupa for the Grt news..n wish u all the best...wat a brilliant creation ...loved the grungy look...n all coffee staining awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shalu for taking the time to be here. New year wishes to you.

      Delete
  10. Congrats you are a brilliant crafter!
    Anandhirajan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anandhi for that generous comment!

      Delete
  11. Wow lot's to see, great creation, glad you have joined our Loves Rubberstamps challenge, please come back soon...and happy new year,
    Hugs Blankina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Blankina. Glad you liked it.

      Delete
  12. Fabulous altered project. Gorgeous image and love how you have embellished. Thanks for playing along at Loves Rubberstamps.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow what an amazing transformation Rupa - love it

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great altered tin! I love all the details you added. Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great project to start the new year. Love it. Every detail is lovely. I am a total coffee freak n can't wait to see the album.

    I am in love with the new stamp. Hope to add it to my collection too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks buddy. You are just so sweet with your comments...would love to show off the journal when you visit next time. Hugs.

      Delete
  16. And she is back with a bang!!! With a gorgeous project to boot! You had me laughing at 'couldn't wait to finish the biscuits, so you could have the tin'.........priorities maan!!! Priya Venkat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup..Priya. The container is always more interesting than the content! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  17. Love it! I have several tins just waiting.....I often look at them and ask myself "I wonder what Rupa would come up with these?" lol! That's funny because my name is Rupa too. I love the junk journal, would love to try one but am at a blank as to where to begin...could you please please share the "how to" for that some time? Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Rupa...nice to have you back. So sweet of you...looks like my name sake too is addicted to re cycling. Glad you got inspired here...YES, I will be back a tute on the coffee dying soon! Hugs.

      Delete
  18. Hi Rupa, congrats for joining Rhedds Creative Spirit, you are the perfect choice and they are lucky to have you. Another great alteration, your flower on the top is beautiful and I love the addition of the coconut coir. Your Fairy looks so perfect on you wooden textured background. Thanks for joining in the challenge at AVJ and good luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julie. Your wishes are encouraging. .big hugs dear.

      Delete
  19. Lovely to see your lovely altered tin and book on A Vintage Journey for our current challenge. I love the way you have altered the tin and the flower on top is just lovely with the coconut coir. The book is stunning too and I can imagine it smells fabulous! Congratulations on joining Rhedds Creative Spririt - looking forward to seeing your creations. Jennie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am seeing stars Jennie! So so happy to see your comments. ..greatly inspired by ur works. Thank you so much.

      Delete
  20. gorgeous altered tin and i really love the junk journal! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. AWESOME altered tin!!! I like the coffee-dyed papers too - I need to try this technique! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lynn...glad to know you liked the coffee dyed papers...it's very addictive!

      Delete
  22. Fantastic!! I absolutely adore your altered biscuit tin!! Your coffee dyed papers make me want to spill my coffee (that I am drinking now,) just so that I can make some too!! And a tin is a great place to keep a little journal - thank you so much for the inspiration - and for playing with us in the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you so much Karen, you just brought a smile to my face! You HAVE to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  24. A fabulous altered tin Rupa, you have changed it beautifully adding so many elements and details. Thanks for sharing it with us at a Vintage Journey an congratulations on your new DT post.
    Happy New Year.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. What an amazing project, Rupa - the altered tin is fabulous, but it's the junk journal inside which has really won my heart... love those tea-stained pages - brilliant! Big congratulations on your new DT position too. Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey and playing along at Country View Challenges and The Artistic Stamper.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my ! Alison, double bonanza...so happy to see your comments today too. Glad you liked it..yes, even I like the journal, smells good too! lol. Thanks again.

      Delete
  26. What a lovely makeover for this tin Rupa! and your little book/journal tucked in side is wonderful! Thank you so much for joining us in the AVJ challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, Rupa! Congratulations on your appointment to the Design Team at Rhedd's! Best Wishes! Also, this is a fabulous tin you have altered. You certainly are the Queen of Alter! It's the journal that stole my heart! Anything vintage and smelling like coffee is wonderful in my book! Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your wishes and also for the "title". Glad you liked this project too. Hugs.

      Delete
  28. Lovely idea with the tin but for me, the star of the show has to be that wonderful little journal hidden inside! Not sure I could spoil it by using it but it's a little stunner.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner this time, Juliax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julia... I too loved the journal..more so held near my nose, lol!

      Delete
  29. Wow!, what a fabulous project with so many beautiful details. I love those stamps & also the little journal inside.
    Thanks for joining in with the Imagination Crafts challenge.
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow!, what a fabulous project with so many beautiful details. I love those stamps & also the little journal inside.
    Thanks for joining in with the Imagination Crafts challenge.
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is beautiful. Thanks for joining the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete