Monday 9 February 2015

For the Apple of my eye!

Hello crafters..
It’s the month of LOVE and am back again soon with another cute project this time (no browns this time too!). This one is for the apple of my eye…my little girl! She has a fetish for bags too, like me and so I made a stylish hand bag with some purpose! No, she can’t play with it but it sure will hold a lot of MEMORIES!

Yes, there is an album fitted inside the bag! Am sure, this ideas is not a new one..but it was exciting to make one, keeping a little girls interest. So it comes in all shades of pink…not surprising! 
I wonder till what age girls have this fetish for pink too! I for one can’t take it though, don’t remember how I was as a little girl!
The bag was made with an empty cereal box and used lovely girlies papers from the DCWX Stack 8 to make the cover the bag and also for the album inside.
For the closure I used CLD English tea party doily die in silver CS and used 3 layers to make it thick and flexible to bend and open as a flap. 
Beneath the doily, I fixed magnets for closing, punched holes on the sides and twisted silver ball chain chord to make the handles. 
Of course, there had to be bling and a lovely lace flower to glam up this little girls bag!
Some broken earrings and a heart pendant make lovely danglers from the handle. I wanted a sentiment that fitted any occasion and so chose to stamp the word CELEBRATE with Inkadinkado stamp and again color it pink with my markers! I then mounted it on silver CS which I ran thru “heart” embossing folder to form a label for the bag!  I punched some foam hearts in white and pink too. Definitely not a designer bag but crafted with a lot of love by mommy!
When the bag snaps open there is little album waiting to be scanned! There are lots of pocket pages here. There is little purse that opens into a mini accordion album on the front and back cover of the bag.

The rest of the album is a pocket page style, with photo mats and tags for journaling. The album can take upt0 25 post card size photos and 20 small sized photos!
That’s a lot to keep in a handbag, lol!
I have not complicated the inside with any embellishments…wanted it to be a functional one to flip thru and store easily.

My little girl is happy with the new bag and is amazed that she can now keep her baby photographs in this! I am a little hyper with her handling it and keep watching how she is opening and closing it, lol! It has with stood her abuse in the last 2 days and is still surviving. I think I am going to lock it up and make her a dummy bag to play!
Thank you so much for stopping by and would like have your views on this.
I would like to enter this handbag album in the following challenges…
Glitter andsparkle Challenge – Love is in the air
Come andget it Challenge – Love is in the air
Cherry LynnDesigns- Tickled pink (there is more than you can ask for!)
Wags ‘n’whiskers Challenge –Some one you love
SweetStampin Challenge – Add a heart
All sortsChallenge – Love is all around
Crafts 4Eternity- with Love
Craft Yourpassion – anything Goes
ArtisticInspiration –AG with a twist of heart.
Until my nest Creative journey,
Happy Crafting and Re Cycling.

Hugs and lots of Love.

42 comments:

  1. Rupa, your bag is just adorable, I can see why your daughter loves it. I am not a fan of pink either, lol. Fabulous project. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy...looks like we have something in common, lol!

      Delete
  2. Oh absolutely adorable..love all the pretty pinks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you love pinks, Sonia. You are still a little girl at heart, dear. Hugs.

      Delete
  3. Brilliant project my friend!! I adore the doily and how you made the strap! Gorgeous accent pieces and I love all the wonderful patterns! What a fabulous idea! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pamellia...another creative friend who loves the pinks! hugs.

      Delete
  4. wonderful idea something different and attractive
    anandhraiajan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful bag Rupa !! love the doily and the lace flower !! Pl don't keep it locked, if it makes your daughter happy for two whole days its worth it !! you can make another one to keep for yourself and to show-off to your crafty friends Hehehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rupa, Such a stunning project and I am sure your daughter is going to treasure this and be the envy of all her friends. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning bag!! Pink is so....lovely and I am drooling over all beads and charms hanging there. As always it was surprise for me, there is album inside...how Sweet!! Sakshi will keep this bag forever with her :) Beautiful gift!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shilpa...looks like a lot of fan following for pink!

      Delete
  8. This is a gorgeous and useful creation, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A brilliant project and very useful too. Love the papers and design. Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so lovely. Great with all the pink papers.
    Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
    Hope to see you again.
    xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Rupa ,

    Its soo lovely . I loved the White lace flower on the doily. The cutie heart was too cute .
    A bag to die for :)

    Hugs
    Remya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaw...that's so sweet of you...I am actually amazed at the number of pink lovers! Thanks Remya.

      Delete
  12. Wow!!! this is superb....from each and every paper you've used, to all the pearls and gems and other gorgeous embellishments.... its a stunning keepsake! Thanks for sharing with us over at Glittter n Sparkle - Vic, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely gorgeous, thank you for playing with Sweet Stampin'.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning project and very stylish! Loving all the pearls, bling, silver to accompany the pink! Oh and Hello Kitty charm is so adorable hanging there! Thanks for playing in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Good luck Rupa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Karen...am really at awe you noticed all the finer details!

      Delete
  15. Fabulous album :) thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you so much for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week with your project and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a gorgeous project! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like your English Tea Party in metallic Silver. Thank you for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs! Good Luck and Happy Creating!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow an amazing project! Thank you for sharing at Come and Get It! Hugs Julie DT xox

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW such a stunning creation. Def a work of love.

    Thank you for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle for our 'Love is in the air' challenge

    Good luck
    Tracey DTxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable! Thanks for sharing at Craft Your Passion#248. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow it is super pretty. I am so inspired to make one for my daughter now.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow it is super pretty. I am so inspired to make one for my daughter now.

    ReplyDelete