Sunday 19 October 2014

The Sparkling "YOU"

Hello Crafters,
A warm welcome to all of you who have been visiting me frequently and also to those of you who have joined me recently.
By now you would have seen that most of my projects swing towards vintage colors and rarely I have projects that are eye popping in colors…well, this one going to POP!
The theme at our Bangalore Crafters Swap group this month is altered bottles. We are a group of ladies who live all across the city and meet once a month on a swap project and have giggly session talking about our extravagant hobby! Lol.. Most of them are bloggers too.
I have always shied from using very bright colors or sparkly stuff in my projects, but what if challenges demand it??? This is what I did to the bottle…

Did you actually think I made it…yes! Am surprised too..At Lulupu this month its Sparkle with Prima Challenge and I just raked out whatever had the word Prima with me! Lol..
Really…for some one who is passionate about making their embellishments, it was difficult to have too much of this brand, never the less I had quite a few to name..the clocks stencil, cracks stencil, chalk edgers, Leezaa Gibbons stamps, sunrise sunset paper pad, and the junk yard findings! So all these were put use  on this one bottle! 
See it’s makeover…
Firstly, I wrapped the entire bottle with masking tape..A quick and easy method to prepare the bottle base.
 Then I applied a thin coat of gesso and went ahead creating textures with the Prima stencils, some die cuts and cheese cloth. When all this was set, I rubbed the Prima chalk edgers cold ice, English Ivy, Blossom tree and Blossom bud, randomly and misted water to spread the colors.

The colors formed their own pattern and once I was satisfied with the brightness of the colors,I fixed it with a coat of spray varnish! This was my first try with varnish on mixed media and I was hoping things would not vanish or get muddled…and I was Lucky!

I then cut this lovely lady from the sunrise sunset paper pack..she had this confident look yet very feminine and there was this air of calmness around her too! A complete package that she was…I thought I will add some sparkle to this vintage lady…out came all the sequins,  glitter powder and rhine stones.

I stuck the picture and lined her with purple bling and glitter powder on one side. The junkyard findings bulb with YOU just fit in perfectly just as to say this is a tribute to you!
I had this sequin lace which I boldly yes! Adhered to the neck of the bottle and surprisingly the lady seemed comfortable with all that sparkle and shine…what say???

I must admit, I was getting a little uncomfortable with the bright colors and the bling but it’s all about getting out of the comfort zone right?? S ,I went ahead and added more! Some colorful trinket bells…so every time you lift the bottle there a soothing jingle!
I stamped some inspiring quotes from Prima on tissue paper and stuck it to the bottle. I took out my chalk ink markers and did some color splat in bright pink and yellow…yes I was getting too comfortable by now or should I say BOLD!
I then wove some colored twine in bright yellow and some shiny sparkly multi colored wire(used for making fship bands) around the neck of the bottle and then inserted the beaded loop.
 I have chosen glass beads in matching colors to form the handle…now you can carry the lady around anywhere!

I topped the mouth of the bottle with some lovely lace flowers in white with a flat back pebble center! No fuss here, just plain white flower but lots of them spilling out of the bottle…
That’s pretty much it…that’s my colorful bottle for you. I think the lady out there handled the transformation quite well and seems to accept all the color, shine and sparkle around her! What say???

So ladies celebrate Womanhood, bring out that sparkle in you and never hesitate to come out of your comfort zone! Do let me know about my bold creation…waiting to hear what you have to say.
 I would like to enter my sparkling lady in following challenges…
Lulupu - Sparkle with Prima
Country View Challenges- Sparkle and Shine
Altered Eclectics - Anything goes
Decorate to Celebrate- Anything Goes
Pile It On- Uplifting message
Thank you so much for stopping by.
Until then,
Happy Crafting and Re cycling,
Hugs.




















31 comments:

  1. What a great idea in using the masking tape Rupa. Love all your embellishments on your home decor piece.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! Glad you like it, have a crafty week ahead. Hugs.

      Delete
  2. Another wonderful makeover! So many gorgeous details, the masking tape was a genius way to add texture to a difficult surface! Well done! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pamellia...am happy my attempt at bold colors is being liked! Thanks dear, hugs.

      Delete
  3. so amazing thank you for joining us at anything goes challenges at decorate to celebrate. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful rupa. you always come up with something new and unique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much kavitha. Happy Diwali and have a great week. hugs.

      Delete
    2. lovely thanks so much and i hope you also had a wonderful diwali

      Delete
  5. What a fabulous creation,thanks for sharing with us at Country View.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. PRETTY as always. Beautiful creation. Though it is bold n bright it is not gaudy. Just love the idea of masking tape. One of my bottles have been lying around as I din know how to texture it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mridula. ..hope to see your altered bottle soon. HAPPY DIWALI.

      Delete
  7. What a fabulous alteration Rupa! Awesome!
    Thank you for joining us in the Sparkle with prima lulupu bloghop .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jaya. ..glad to take part in the festivities this month in ur blog. HAPPY DIWALI.

      Delete
  8. Because of our meets I got to see and touch this beauty...love the masking tape idea...such a creative idea that was and what I loved best about this beauty was the beaded handle and the fluffy top! Am not getting tome to blog about my bottle...
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sonia. ..am still admiring yours till it reaches Anuja. Wish you a happy Diwali.

      Delete
  9. And pop it does. Love the texture and the colours. Fantastic creation hun.
    ​Thank you for joining in with our challenge this month and hope to see you in future challenges.
    Hugz and love Elaine aka Ellapu​

    ​Owner of
    ​Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Altered Eclectics
    Eclectic Ellapu
    ​DT for​
    Anything but a Card

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Elaine. . Glad you liked this. Hugs dear.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful bottle project; thanks for sharing how you created this beauty! Thank you for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics October Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a awesome bottle! I love it!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Decorate To Celebrate! DTM, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! i love how you covered the bottle and it turned out fabulous!! Thank you for joining us over at Decorate to Celebrate.
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to know you liked this! Thanks, Norma.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely texture, beautiful colors and perfect embellishments. Adore this project, Rupa
    Thanks for joining us at Lulupu sparkle with Prima Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an amazing project from you. As usual, you really nailed the upcycling. Beautiful textures and colours. Totally love the way you have embellished this !!
    Thank you so much for joining the Lulupu 'Sparkle with Prima' challenge and Best of luck !

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excellent one Rupa. Thank you so much for joining the fun at Lulupu's Sparkle with Prima Challenge. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete