Welcome to my page today. Today’s project is one that went with the flow for me…truly started as an experiment and then one thing led to another and this is what I made!
A plain paper mache box went under the knife today, lol! I wanted to do some experiments with decoupage but was unable to get a napkin to my liking and so I decided to make one!
I stamped these lovely flowers with Archival black ink and then colored them with DI worn lipstick and mustard seed on the reverse.
I gessoed the box and then gave it a cost of burnt umber acrylic paint and once dry gave a coat of Picket fence Distress crackle paint. The fine cracks gave a lovely weathered look to the box.
I adhered the floral tissue to the lid and its just amazing to see the fine cracks through the stamped image! I just love it.
A bit of random stamping with Archival leaf green ink and Bo bonny script and sponging the edges with picket fence DS completes the top of the box.
The ornate metal opener is also painted with Distress crackle Picket fence.
The sentiment on the lid to is stamped on tissue and from Paper Artsy...just perfect for this project.
The box opens to some more acrylic painting on the inner lid in complimenting colors and then I stuck the vintage lady and the sentiment, both from my stash.
I have stamped some leaves and added a loopy bow and some die cut flourishes. The flower is made with Joy Crafts die and colored with Worn Lipstick and Aged Mahogany DI.
And inside the box????
There is a palm size junk journal made with coffee stained papers.
The cover is made with an empty Tissue roll cut open and I have stuck canvas cloth. The vintage girl picture from my stash. The papers are from my daughter’s old note books all held together with satin twine. The spine has some metal charms and beads too.
The journal has some interesting pockets and tags and fits into any purse or handbag and comes in handy anytime! The closure is a elastic band held with a button and brad.
The sides and the inside of the box is lined with papers from DCWV French Country paper stack.
That brings us to the end of my experiment and through this process I realized that PINK after all is not a bad color, lol! Some how I had a fixation about this color for this project and am happy about the success of my experiment. Do let me know your views.
I would like to enter it in the following challenges..
Crafts 4Eternity- Spring
PolkadoodlesChallenge Blog- Pink and Pretty
Fussy n fancy Friday challenge Blog – Spring time flowers
Crafty Catz– It’s a girl thing.
Wags nWhiskers – flowers
SimonWednesday Challenge – make your own background
Mixed MediaWorld – bright colors
Until my next Creative Journey,
Happy Crafting and Re cycling,