Tuesday 21 April 2015

Pretty in pink

Hello Friends…
Welcome to my page today. Today’s project is one that went with the flow for me…truly started as an experiment and then one thing led to another and this is what I made!
A plain paper mache box went under the knife today, lol! I wanted to do some experiments with decoupage but was unable to get a napkin to my liking and so I decided to make one!
 I stamped these lovely flowers with Archival black ink and then colored them with DI worn lipstick and mustard seed on the reverse.
I gessoed the box and then gave it a cost of burnt umber acrylic paint and once dry gave a coat of Picket fence Distress crackle paint. The fine cracks gave a lovely weathered look to the box.
I adhered the floral tissue to the lid and its just amazing to see the fine cracks through the stamped image! I just love it. 
A bit of random stamping with Archival leaf green ink and Bo bonny script and sponging the edges with picket fence DS completes the top of the box. 
The ornate metal opener is also painted with Distress crackle Picket fence.
The sentiment on the lid to is stamped on tissue and from Paper Artsy...just perfect for this project.

The box opens to some more acrylic painting on the inner lid in complimenting colors and then I stuck the vintage lady and the sentiment, both from my stash. 
I have stamped some leaves and added a loopy bow and some die cut flourishes. The flower is made with Joy Crafts die and colored with Worn Lipstick and Aged Mahogany DI.



And inside the box????


There is a palm size junk journal made with coffee stained papers. 
The cover is made with an empty Tissue roll cut open and I have stuck canvas cloth. The vintage girl picture  from my stash. The papers are from my daughter’s old note books all held together with satin twine. The spine has some metal charms and beads too.
The journal has some interesting pockets and tags and fits into any purse or handbag and comes in handy anytime! The closure is a elastic band held with a button and brad.
The sides and the inside of the box is lined with papers from DCWV French Country paper stack.

That brings us to the end of my experiment and  through this process I realized that PINK after all is not a bad color, lol! Some how I had a fixation about this color for this project and am happy about the success of my experiment. Do let me know your views.
I would like to enter it in the following challenges..
PolkadoodlesChallenge Blog- Pink and Pretty
Fussy n fancy Friday challenge Blog – Spring time flowers
Crafty Catz– It’s a girl thing.
Wags nWhiskers – flowers
SimonWednesday Challenge – make your own background
Mixed MediaWorld – bright colors
Glitter andSparkle Challenge Blog – Anything But A Card
The Artistic Stamper - Flora and Fauna

Until my next Creative Journey,
Happy Crafting and Re cycling,
Cheers.
























21 comments:

  1. Oh i have weakness for Pink and Roses....This is absoultely awesome project!!! Love the quotes used on the project, and surprise element - The journal, all those crakled effects are those beautiful add ons!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Rupa! Love what you did with the toilet paper roll, pure genius!! Your flower is amazing, I really love the realistic petals! Beautiful shades of pink, so perfect for a rose theme! Another stunning creation my friend! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked like just decoupage box but how can it be simple one when it it is made by RUPA ? I loved the crackled texture superb !I wonder how you manage to decorate all the sides of box and inside too..for cards its just one side or at most two..! I find it too much :D !

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, Rupa, what a treasure! Love what you've done, and I appreciate seeing your process, too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous colors and very clever design Rupa.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colors and very clever design Rupa.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my god Rupa dear, u r just unbelievable. U r my super Guru. Designing your own napkin is the height of creativity. Box has turned out to be one of its kind. Lil journal is too cute.
    Hugs n more hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my god Rupa dear, u r just unbelievable. U r my super Guru. Designing your own napkin is the height of creativity. Box has turned out to be one of its kind. Lil journal is too cute.
    Hugs n more hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my god Rupa dear, u r just unbelievable. U r my super Guru. Designing your own napkin is the height of creativity. Box has turned out to be one of its kind. Lil journal is too cute.
    Hugs n more hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI Rupa, This is a beautiful box, loved reading your processes.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A stunning box Rupa, love how you decorated the inside as well.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. An excellent and detailed creation Rupa. Very beautiful and special project. Bravo. - Hugs, Jim

    ReplyDelete
  13. superb as usual Rupa, love that toilet roll mini note- book !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a lovelybox so pretty
    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles challenge - Pink and Pretty
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning creation thanks for joining the pink and pretty challenge fun over at Polkadoodles and good luck.
    Anita (DT)
    http://www.polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute box. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week Rupa:) Gorgeous altered box!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it when projects take on a life of their own and lead you in unexpected directions... and what a wonderful result. Such pretty spring colours and wonderful texture effects. This is beautiful, Rupa. Thanks so much for playing along at The Artistic Stamper.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty in Pink! I love your box so much! Very pretty homemade "napkin" - how cool that the crackled paint is showing through! This is such a beautiful box, every little thing about it is just yummyummy! :-)
    I used to be a little afraid of using pink, but the other I get the more I love it. I don't know why, maybe it's the little girl in me reminding me that she's still there? lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful box! It is great to see you sharing at Fussy & Fancy Friday and good luck with the Challenge. Judy x DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amazing! Love the roses and the colours are so gorgeous together. Thank you for joint us at Mixed Media World! Ingrid x

    ReplyDelete