Hello Crafty peeps…
I welcome you all today and would like to share a 3D project. Do you believe that inspiration comes from any where???
Well, for me this project is proof for the above statement…
A couple of days back, I had just “switched off” from my creative mode and was relaxing watching T.V as my little one was falling asleep on my lap.
I was watching a Hindi serial on prime time and accidentally my eyes caught hold of an ornate lamp shade hanging from the wall. It was a eureka moment and I just thought I had to do something like that! Well, I wasn’t going to make a lamp shade but one thing I was sure of was that I was going to have a very colorful sleep that night, lol!
Like I said, it was one heaven of a sleep! (no hell, here please)…so many visuals crossing my mind and the next day I just googled to see if there anything called” floral chandelier” in reality and believe me, the options were endless!
This one caught my attention and was very close to the “visual dreams” I had the previous night!
So here is what I made…
The Sizzix flourish alterations die is a my new purchase and I am so happy I could use them in a very different way. I loved the ornate swirls and it was just perfect for the project!
This is what I started out with for this project.
All the flourishes are cut from my little one’s play book..the hard bound one. It’s amazing how the Sizzix die cuts it like butter. I joined 2 pieces back to back to make really thick and sturdy.
First, I gessoed all the flourished with a sponge and also the foam tape ring and some twigs from the garden. Once the flourishes were dry, I used versa mark and clear UTEE to seal the white gesso. This gave the flourishes an amazing wrought iron kind of finish, just what I wanted. I also stamped some Bo Bunny text on the ring randomly.
I then scrapped the white paint from a few places for that shabby look! With 8 flourishes, one tape ring, 4 twigs I started making my chandelier! This one was going to be a candle decoration that can be on display anywhere in the room!
I fixed the legs for the chandelier with the twigs and started arranging the flourishes on four sides of the ring. (I used up 4 here) and the remaining 4, I cut the split curl part to form the ornate “legs” of the chandelier!
The remaining part of the flourish hung from the ring. So the entire ring is now covered with the ornate metal work! Once the main frame work was ready, the rest of it was easy!
I made some handmade blooms with TH tattered florals inked with DI and stamped with a plaid texture stamp from American crafts. A few leaves for the fresh look and those tiny flowers are using the modge mold and Plaster of paris which I have inked too.
Ta da, it’s ready! Just what I had in mind and when I lit the candle… I was just taken to another world! I loved what I saw and tried to take a pic in different times of the day…
In the evening..
At night…oooo, I love this one!
That’s it…I have decided to watch more serials from now on..lol! Do share your experiences of how you have got your inspirations from the most un expected source!
I would like to have my floral chandelier enter the following challenges…
Art with heart Challenge- make it 3D
As You like It Challenge- fav style/ color (shabby chic and pastel colors)
Fab 'n' Funky Challenge- flower delights
Beyond Grey Challenges- Dimensional project
Until my next creative Journey,
Happy Crafting and Re cycling.