Saturday, 1 October 2016

All cracked up!

Good morning!
It’s already October! Its festivities and vacation in Bangalore at this time and I am off on a short break for 2 weeks but would love to share my DT project before that!
At Rhedd’s Creative Spirit, The rules are simple...”anything goes”.. altered art or mixed media only. I have this time re cycled a packaging box to make a vintage keepsake/trinket box.
I first gessoed the lid and covered the base of the box with some fabric scrap and some cotton chord.
I then adhered a tissue to the lid and worked with some crackle texture paste all around it. 
Once that was dry, I spritzed some eucalyptus ink to highlight t the cracks and also some metallic lustre in green.
The floral tissue along with the cracks and the metallic highlights gave the box a real vintage weathered look.
Love how the textures and the ccracks show up.
I rubbed some metallic lustre here too and have placed a metal flower. The cherub on the metal flower is using air dry clay and silicon mold.
For the closure, I have used 2 metal brads and twine pull. The box has plastic bottle caps (painted) as feet.
The box opens up to reveal a photo slot on the inner lid and the inside of the box has been lined with pattern paper.
I hope you all take the time to visit the blog to see what the team has in store for you and do play along.
I will see you on the other side of the holidays.
Until my next creative journey,
Happy crafting and re cycling.
Cheers.



















5 comments:

  1. Rupa, this is a lovely design !! I really love the crackle and decoupage and the new closing mechanism !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely Rupa! Have a great trip! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning and love you have put good use to a box which could have found itself in a recycling bin. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning and love you have put good use to a box which could have found itself in a recycling bin. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know I always say this Rupa..you really can transform anything in to something beautiful..once again you amaze me with this gorgeous creation....xx

    ReplyDelete