Wednesday, 1 November 2017

Fully "Archived" !!!

Helloooo...
It's November already! That brings us to the new challenge at Rhedd's Creative Spirit where the theme always is "anything goes, Mixed media or altered art". Do take time to see what the team has in store for you and play along, it's fun!

I have altered a thrift store plastic pot and have given it an antique look. The colors are inspired by cool cool weather here in Bangalore!
This is what it looks like now after the makeover.



Let’s get on with the step by step….

First of all, primed the surface with gesso and sponge, a generous e2 coats and for the second coat, I added a few drops of blue ink to the gesso. This gave the pot a lovely icy blue color and then I went about shading the edges with cornflower blue Archival ink.

The sponging gave the pot a natural coarseness and then I further added texture with TH burlap stencil and cornflower blue archival ink.



Next, I did some random text stamping using Bo Bunny stamps and potting soil Archival ink. The butterflies were also stamped with black Archival ink. Finally, I did some black color splats and edged the pot with brown and black ink give it an aged look. That’s a lot of Archival Ink on one project, and hence the title, lol!



The pot was ready for some embellishments…I decided to make my own ornate embellies for this. I used some packaging cardboard and Sizzix Fleur de Lis die to cut out 3 pieces.



I applied some air drying clay on the die cut and created an ornate texture on it using Micia stamps. Before it dried, I applied some black acrylic color and dusted in some metallic silver color.



The silver fler de lis was ready to be altered further! I aged it by rubbing Paper Artsy rusting powder with some white vinegar. I love the real rust smell that comes and within minutes the rusty crust appears on the surface.





The aged and rusted silver fleur was further embellished with a chunky white Rhinestone which was embedded inside a mini ornate oval frame! This was made using air dry clay and modge melt silicon mold. I colored it using alcohol inks and rubbed in a bit of metallic silver too!


I placed all the 3 silver embellies around the pot and there it is. I thought a silver lining on the rim of the pot would complete the look and am finally happy with the way this pot got turned around! 

The cool minty colors is always refreshing and my love for Vintage and worn out stuff too got its share on this project.



I love altering home d├ęcor items and this one is no exception…this is the final look! Looks like I need to wait for some other blooming pot from the garden…but these handmade blooms don’t look bad either!

So take time to make your wonderful creation and do play along.


Until my next Creative Journey,
Happy Crafting and Re Cycling.

Hugs.

















4 comments:

  1. wow the pot now looks stunning and very fitting for your plant... bet these would go down a storm as Christmass pressies - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! Such a bright and gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very pretty Rupa. LOVE the colours! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty and fab alteration - lovely xx

    ReplyDelete