A warm welcome to all of you have stopped by my page and also to my new followers. Today’s project is totally out of my comfort zone more than 1 reason, have been hesitant but as I started working on it, it turned out to be what I visualized!
Firstly, I have used some bright colors in this, very min use of D inks, not my customary inked, twisted and molded flowers and lastly my heat gun breathed its last( a local make)…which meant that my project had to dry naturally! That also meant a lot of patience…which I managed.
The good thing in this is I have used a lot of scraps for this project. The flowers especially are made from PP scraps. I adhered strips of the same color family on to a paper and then ran it thru the die to make flower. I saw Bhavana had done this and I knew I had to make this. Have alook…
Summer is all about bright colors, blooms and butterflies and this being the theme in many challenges, I made this 3 tier butterfly hanging. I got the template on 3 different butterflies from the net and cut it out from empty cereal boxes as base. So, it was 3 shapes, 3 colors and e different techniques for the butterflies!
This is from CC from packaging and removed the first later in place to reveal the corrugation. Then gave a coat of gesso and then crackle paint and then a top coat of like green acrylic color. I loved the fresh cracks! Stamped some script and postage images using archival ink. i also made a stamp using Joy cratfs v,vintage flourish die and stamped some foliage using green archival ink.
The birdcage is from TH using Prima something blue paper line. How do you like the lovely black feathers with white dots( using my uniball pen) ??? Bright flowers, flourishes and leaves add more color to this big green butterfly! The lovely butterfly was stamped, colored and laced with glitter! The quote is from the net and hand written. This butterfly is edged with jute rope.
This was cut on an empty cereal carton and then I adhered red burlap cloth on it. Gave textures using TCW stencils and handmade texture paste…had to wait for it to dry naturally to continue work. So got to do it the next day only!
The embellishments here is around the lamp post from Cheery lynn.
For the texture in this, have used kitchen foil and created the faux metal look and also used an embossing folder to give texture. As I was doing this, my craft parcel with the heat gun arrived! I picked up speed now! Have colored using alcohol inks( my first try) and then heat embossed the edges in black.
Finally added a Chinese bell from my stash and have tied a shabby bow made from green checkered cloth from my stash.A dash of green on the top and bottom!!! I have joined all the pieces with white paper rope to make a hanging and it definitely adds color to my room! I may not shy from bright colors now…though it still is not my style!
Thank you so much for stopping by and hope to hear your take on this. Hope you are all enjoying your summer…
Am linking this to..
Cheery Lynn designs ( dies used DL121, B369,B310, B147 and B310)
Happy crafting and re cycling.